1. Ask before you make plans. They have not yet reached the point of making plans together every weekend, but either way, check with you before making plans to travel or visit your family. Because you have priority.
2. He gets upset if he does not know anything about you all day. That message of “Hello, how was your day?” Means not only that he was thinking about you, but also wondering what you would be doing, that it was better than sending him messages.
3. He assumes that you are his most-one. When he says, “Hey, I have a wedding in November” inviting you more than asking you, it means you’re taking it seriously.
4. Take the time to take you to your favorite places. It takes you to your favorite bar or “the best” (in your head) to eat pizza. This means that it is opening your world to you. He is saying, “I trust you will not wait for me outside this place with a knife, waiting for it to appear if I ever cut you.”
5. See The Vampire Diaries with you because you know it’s your favorite. No man would like to sit down to watch such a program, unless: 1. he wants to bed you, or 2. wants to earn points. If he has already slept with you, then he wants to earn points. And no man cares to look good, unless you really interest him. If he does not see things go somewhere, he would not spend five hours of his time watching Gilmore Girls with you.
6. Pack a suitcase for the night. When he sleeps in your house, he will not run out early the next morning. You want to stay for the breakfast hotcakes. Although, to be fair, they could also mean that he loves hot cakes, not you.
7. Your friends add you to Facebook. No one in your right mind would send a friend request if he does not intend to stay close to you. Guaranteed, not everyone acts from their right mind, but if you have a new bundle of friends on Facebook, you can say that he is serious with you.
8. Visit you when you are sick. Curling up with a sweaty ball of snot is no fun for anyone. If you make soup and stay with you in an armchair, while you build a giant tower of handkerchiefs around you, it is because you like it and it is serious.
9. Is willing to go slow. He did not disappear, because you did not sleep with him after the third date. You two have even had a conversation about “where things are going.”
10. Do not avoid meeting your friends (or your family). If he were planning on breaking up with you after a casual date, he would not bother making a good impression with your friends. If you do not invent pretexts every time you want to go to an event with you, it means that you do not want to run at the first sign of seriousness.